[3830] SS CW WI9WI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] SS CW WI9WI Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 15:34:49 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Winter, WI
Operating Time (hrs): 19

------------
  160:    0
   80:  106
   40:  364
   20:  158
   15:  109
   10:    0
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

After spending 12 days at PJ2T setting up the station for the crew for WW SB and
then putting it back to bed, plus operating the late night 40 meter shift both
nights I wasn't feeling real enthusiastic about this one. We arrived back home
late Wednesday night and when it came time to head for the cabin on Friday
night I just couldn't get in the car. So I made the 5 hour trip Saturday
morning. I spent the first hour getting the fire going and cleaning up from the
yearly great fall mouse invasion. I then set up the radios. I couldn't get my
SO2R box to talk to Radio #2, and one of the keying lines seemed to have a
short in it. So rather than troubleshoot it I opted to do 1 radio and took a
nap. That was a good choice. I decided to get a decent night's sleep and also
took a nap on Sunday afternoon. Actual BIC time was about 19 hours. Conditions
seemed good, but as others have noted activity seemed down a little from the
past couple of years. As usual I missed VE4. I had all but VE4 with about 7 or
8 hours to go. It's only about 600 miles to Winnipeg from my northern WI cabin,
so I spent a lot of time CQing and S&P on 40 and 80, but I heard nary a one.
This is at least the 4th or 5th time I've worked all sections but VE4. I do
this the old fashioned way. We have no internet at the cabin, so no dxc or
skimmer is available, C'est la vie.

Thanks for all the QSOs. I also had very few dupes. Lots of great ops out
there.

73

Jim