[3830] WAE RTTY VA2UP Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY VA2UP Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 20:50:35 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VA2UP
Operator(s): VA2UP
Station: VA2UP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Lasalle
Operating Time (hrs): 32
Radios: SO2R

   80:  167   197    30    39
   40:  519  1238   719    76
   20:  370   720   350    75
   15:  447  1228   781    82
   10:  165   426   261    48
-------------------------------
Total: 1668  3809  2141   320  Total Score = 3,024,346

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

It turned out better then I expected really. I actually thought that the index
would be more elevated making it impossible for us up here to properly use the
high bands, not so. I went into the contest very tired and had a real hard time
saturday morning to get up, get into the car and drive to the station. The xyl
actually said: what are you still doing here, you're very late!! Ever happened
to you? ha ha! So struggling to keep my eyes open I mechanically worked the
contest and thought to close things down early saturday evening. But the WAE is
like a good movie, you know you're tired and have to go to bed but this thing
hooks you and you stretch the minutes as they go by just to squeeze in another
qso...and another one...and anoth...zzzzzzzz
The head not being there sunday morning I completely spooked the 10M mults and
chose to stick to 15 for qtc. When I tried to go back it was all gone. So I
ended up hunting mults from band to band to make up for the loss. In the end
the mult count is way down from last year and the score too. This goes to show
that operating skills are in for a good chunk of our scores, no matter how good
the hardware it is the grey stuff in our heads that makes it all happen.
Looking back at the contest I had a great time and it was good to share it with
all of you! Thanks for the qs and qtc and thanks DARC for holding this fun
event.
73, Fabi va2up