[3830] SS SSB KN3A Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, scolit@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KN3A Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 19:14:48 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KN3A
Operator(s): KN3A
Station: KN3A

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 5

------------
  160:
   80:   46
   40:    8
   20:   20
   15:   23
   10:   15
------------

Club: Allegheny Valley Radio Association

Comments:

I almost didn't operate this contest this weekend. Unexpectedly on Friday we had
to put one of our beloved cats to sleep. Around 2:30 this afternoon I finally
decided to give it a try, knowing a clean sweep will be impossible, so I
decided to operate QRP. Well, what a surprise to work the sections I did. I
never expected to work sections like NT, AK, PR, VI and several California
sections. The band was in great shape this afternoon, and I really appreciated
the courteous hams who took the time to copy my QRP station. The ham in NT told
me I was S6....amazing. The contest was good for me as it kept my mind off
Kitty, who loved to sit on my lap and sleep while I contest.

Scott
KN3A

Kenwood TS 450SAT
Dipole antennas