[3830] SS SSB VE4VT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VE4VT Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 19:36:19 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4VT
Station: VE4VT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   76
   40:  192
   20:  331
   15:  313
   10:   39
------------

Club:

Comments:

My plans for a full effort were changed this week as other commitments came up.
Started a few minutes late Saturday afternoon and had a great couple of hours.
I had to pull the plug and didn't get back on until later Saturday night.
Missed all of Sunday morning as well other than a quick spin through 15m.

Went to bed Saturday needing only NL for the sweep. The normally difficult ones
of SK, ND, MB and NE were in the bag early thanks to some great short
propagation on 10 and 15m. In the couple hours at the start I was able to nab
75 sections by running on 15 and using the second radio to tune 10 and 20m. 4
more were added on the low bands later Saturday night (MN, QC, ID, SF)

Unfortunately my on time Sunday was mostly during the dreaded football
afternoon where things were slow.

10m really only opened to the extreme coasts, east, fl tx and CA.15m was in
good shape for a domestic contest. 40m was a tough band as it became quite
crowded. Above 7.200 was real tough competing with the broadcasters. 80m was
not in bad shape Saturday night but I am handicapped here with high noise.

Sunday sure brought out the QRP fans as I logged a lot of them.

Hope MB made it into your logs. I know I heard VE4's RA and GV out there.

Thanks for all the Q's.

Ed