[3830] SS SSB N7WA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N7WA Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 08:44:21 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N7WA
Operator(s): N7WA
Station: N7WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:    0
   20:  288
   15:  313
   10:    0
------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

1) It was a wet and windy Sunday in the Pacific NW. (What gives? <grin>)
plus
2) I had an amplifier that hadn't been used in 2 years since I moved the shack
plus
3) I had a new SSB voice keyer setup (using a USB sound card) that looked like
it would do what I wanted
plus
4) I was looking for a rate fix after my lousy SSCW performance.

All that adds up to FRESH MEAT TIME! Now, SSB is NOT my game but I can enjoy it
when conditions are fair and the rate is high. I won't be in the running for
any
wallpaper but the purpose here was to have fun and possibly raise my skill
level a bit. I started about 9AM local on 15M, after reading the Sunday paper,
and went until lunch. After some honey-do's, I popped back on in the late
afternoon and ran a couple more hours. Finally, I squeezed another hour in and
around dinner. By then 20M was dying and the 40M beam is not resonant enough
for the amplifier so I called it a day. 600 Qs in about 6.5 hours. I think I
hit it on the fun part. Was even thinking maybe sweep but MS and NNY were
stubbornly absent stateside, plus PR and a couple Canadian provinces. I did
find a DE which was my lone missing CW section.

My apologies to those who put up with my fat fingers and inability to
distinguish Golf from Juliet (I always mix up my G's and J's). Now, it's time
for CQWW CW and I see lots of flux - just keep the flares and CME's away.

cheers
dink