[3830] SS SSB W1AN SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W1AN SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:34:56 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W1AN
Operator(s): W1AN
Station: W1AN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
  160:    0
   80:  128
   40:  158
   20:   23
   15:  142
   10:   74
------------

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

I was surprised at how good conditions were Saturday, especially the lack of
noise. All bands were good and it was nice to see that even weak stations could
be worked. For an SSB contest this was pretty easy on the ears. There was only
two stations I could not pull out of the mud the entire weekend.

My approach to SS is to work most of the sections first S&P, and then get some
Q rates going. Itâ??s clearly not the best approach for a high score but I take
more pride in getting the clean sweep. As I wasnâ??t sure how much time I would
be able to put in, I guess the strategy worked. Saturday I was near. The check
boxes remained empty for ELI and ONE until start-up near 1430Z Sunday. This was
my earliest ever to get it done. I hope the score robot agrees!

Even with limited hours in the chair this was really fun!

73,
John W1AN