[3830] CQWW CW W4VIC SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vic.w4vic@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W4VIC SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 12:22:59 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W4VIC
Operator(s): W4VIC
Station: W4VIC

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 15.5

  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  106    18       54
   20:  135    13       49
   15:  160    24       55
   10:  110    20       56
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Icom PRO III, MicroKeyer II, N1MM v.12.11.1, ACOM 1000, DB-18 @ 50'

All that makes contesting a lot less work!  This was my best effort in a long
time -- perhaps a personal best in terms of number of QSOs, although I've come
close before.  I could have continued and possibly added another couple hundred
QSOsm as I finished with 6 hrs to go.  But I really, really don't enjoy the last
hours of almost every contest now -- the bullies trying to steal QSOs and
making, in general, complete nuisances of themselves generate frustrations that
ruin the good times.  And the tendency for so many of the NA score seekers to
start filling the band with CQs in the late stages -- drying up the opportunity
for others to seek their own treasures makes S & P ops a trying enterprise.  My
hearing is bad enough that running is very difficult, and calm and serene
settings are required for my success at that game -- so S & P is my main
contesting mode.  Finishing early is a good tactic for someone like me, given
all my idiosyncrasies.  I did have fun though, while the good conditions
lasted.  Thanks to all for the QSOs -- I'm delighted at the results I obtained.
 See you next time.  73,  Vic, W4VIC