[3830] CQWW CW W7IJ SOSB/15 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7ij@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W7IJ SOSB/15 QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 16:28:16 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W7IJ
Operator(s): W7IJ
Station: W7IJ

Class: SOSB/15 QRP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  293    30       76
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I originally planned to enter SOAB HP.  Hours before the contest on Friday, K7MO
informed me I had spurs up and down the band.  With the use of the K7MO spectrum
analyzer we confirmed the 100 watt amp in the K3 was causing the problem.
Rather than operate with a dirty amp, changed plan and entered in the QRP
catagory.  This was first time I operated QRP and was pleasantly surprised with
the results.  Thanks to all the sharp ops out there that heard my peanut whistle
and took the time and effort to copy.

15 meters was wide open to EU for about 3 hours on Sat and Sun morning.  Great
fun in this contest as always.