[3830] CQWW CW W9RE SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W9RE SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 18:23:29 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:   66    15       39
   80:  222    18       61
   40:  574    29       84
   20: 1243    38      108
   15:  899    32       93
   10:  485    25       83
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Down from last year but still loads of fun.

Was going to take more off time but the European opening on 40 lasted until
past 09z so didn't want to miss some decent rates in the middle of the night on
the second day.  The first night 20 was open until about 09z to Europe.

I never had any really good clock hours but had really no slow periods through
out the contest.  After the first day I thought for sure the second day would
be great rate wise but it never happened.

Really, really nice to not have any trouble getting a run frequency.  For the
first time in a major, I had a good, low run freq, left it for a bathroom
break, washed my face, said hello to the xyl, came back and it was completely
open!  This normally never happens.

Yes, getting calls is tough.  I kept wanting to say I don't have skimmer access
so you need to say your call every 3 to 5 Q's at least.  A couple of times I had
to bust a pileup to work a new mult and then not give my report until he gave me
his call sign.  The other thing is when stations don't id enough and the pileup
is large, stations immediately start sending (because dx is normally not
sending his own call) but on the occasion he does it is wiped out by the
pileup.

Congrats to the top dogs out there.