[3830] CQWW CW NX5M SOSB(A)/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NX5M SOSB(A)/160 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 18:26:01 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M
Station: NX5M

Class: SOSB(A)/160 HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:  163    20       55
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

With ARRL 160 just a week away I wanted to make sure all was well on the 160m
stuff.  Glad I did!  Found the east beverage dead and the northeast beverage
was having an issue as well.  Went through the first night without the east
antenna and the northeast beverage was working enough to use but still was not
right.
Saturday morning investigation into these issues resulted in total replacement
of the east beverage relay and a diode had to be replaced on the northeast
relay.  I also discovered that the cows had rearranged my southwest beverage
feedline to the point that a splice was broken.  I have this beverage fed with
a piece of RG6 which lays atop the ground.  I plan to replace this with
hardline and bury it...that will eliminate the cow damage possibility.
Never was able to hear the northern Europeans such as OZ, OE, LZ, etc.  The
other EU's I could hear were not very strong the first night.  The second night
was even worse but GI3OQR was very loud.
Nice to get R1ANF in the log and EL2A.  However, I never did hear a KL7 but
then again I did not operate the entire time either so I did not get the double
mult.
It was a grind!