[3830] CQWW CW K8GU(@K8GU/8) SOSB/80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ethan@k8gu.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K8GU(@K8GU/8) SOSB/80 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 18:33:28 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K8GU
Operator(s): K8GU
Station: K8GU/8

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: EN90bn
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:
   80:  172    22       71
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Field-day operation from my parents' farm in Ohio since I was back in town for
Thanksgiving.  The big goals were to knock-off some easy DXCC counters on 80m
and to operate at night while the family was asleep.

Station:  K3/100, full-sized 1/4-wavelength 80-m wire vertical in a tree with
20 radials, 500-ft Beverage on Europe.

This location is quiet.  Let me say that again.  This location is quiet.
Worked most of what I could hear, but did leave quite a few counters on the
table who just couldn't hear me.  Running did not happen...at all...it was not
for lack of trying, though.

It is really remarkable how loud some stations are and how poorly they hear.
It's also remarkable how some very "average" sounding stations have exceptional
RX capability...thanks!

Thanks for the new ones and the QSOs...

73,

--Ethan, K8GU/3.