[3830] CQWW CW WA1Z SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Bob@wa1z.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WA1Z SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 19:48:46 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WA1Z
Operator(s): WA1Z
Station: WA1Z

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 47.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   47    12       25
   80:  256    21       69
   40:  620    27       91
   20:  418    28       94
   15:  634    31       90
   10:  341    24       87
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

First single-op in CQWW in nine years.  Big thanks to Kurt, W6PH, who loaned me
his AB-577 mast so I could put up a tribander (A3S) to go along with my rag-tag
team of home brew Yagis and wires in the trees.  It improved the fun factor.
After comparing the tribander with my permanent antennas prior to the contest,
I elected to use it as my primary 15 Meter "run" antenna and then use it as the
"big gun" to get mults on 10-20 Meters when I was not running 15.  The strategy
worked as I worked some cool mults ( long path and over-the-pole stuff I
usually pass on) and this score is a record for this station.

When running, can we please try to ID after QSOs more often than what was the
norm this weekend?  It seemed like almost everyone was using solitary TUs
excessively.

Two Elecraft K3s, DXDoubler SO2R
Antennas:
160 - Inverted L
80 - 2-el phased vertical array
40 - wire dipoles at 65 and 50 feet
20 - 2-el Yagi fixed to NE at 45 feet, 2-el Yagi fixed NW at 45 feet, and Quad
fixed SE at 25 feet
15 - 3-el Yagi fixed NE at 40 feet, 2- el Yagi fixed NW at 30 feet, and Quad
fixed SE at 25 feet
10 - 3-el Yagi fixed NE at 55 feet, 2-el Yagi fixed NW at 40 feet, and Quad
fixed SE at 25 feet
20-10 - A3S at 57 feet and rotatable
RX - 300' Beverages NE, SW and NW

Thanks to everyone for all the QSOs!