[3830] CQWW CW N7AT(@K8IA/N7RQ) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N7AT(@K8IA/N7RQ) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 20:03:49 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N7AT
Operator(s): K1YR K8IA KS5A N7RQ NA2U
Station: K8IA/N7RQ

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   69    12       22
   80:  280    24       67
   40:  922    36      118
   20:  612    36      120
   15: 1170    34      127
   10:  539    30       95
------------------------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Big tnx to the listed ops for making this yet another successful M/2 endeavor,
from this small single tower station. With our highest antenna only up 78', you
can be sure this has its challenges. Yet with the quality of our guest ops, we
seem to be able to compete with a lot of stations that usually would not be in
our view.

The EME certainly had an effect Saturday, with qso totals and difficult to copy
multi-path and heavy QSB way worse than last year. Yet, in the end, we were
close to our 7th Area record M/2 performance last year.

Ten meters certainly took its toll on everyone and 40m numbers were down
slightly too. On the plus side, our new 68' 80m vertical helped us increase
totals on that band. Our 15m totals this year were significantly higher than
last year and 20m was up as well.

During the 48 hours, we had only two minor technical glitches that seemed to be
self correcting. Plus, the 15 to 10/20 IMD situation, encountered the last two
contests, were solved before Friday. Lucky break there and I'll explain more
some other time.

The usual huge thanks to my xyl Sandy N7RQ for not only taking her regular op
shifts each afternoon, but for doing all the meal prep to keep all the ops
happy. That's a lot of work and a big help to all here.

Next up here will be a small "one mode at a time" Multiop for ARRL 10M Contest
in two weeks, where Sandy and I will share the op duties with fellow Arizona
Outlaws, N7LR and W9CF.

Equipment and Antennas at N7AT (K8IA/N7RQ)are as follows

Station A (40 thru 10m):
Elecraft K3/100 (2 rx)
Alpha 8410

Station B (160 thru 10m):
Ten-Tec Orion II (with RX-366 Sub Rx)
Acom 1000

Array Solutions SixPak with two controllers

Dunestar 600 Bandpass Filters at each radio, with associated band decoders

Antennae:
160 - 78' shunt fed tower with 60 radials
80 - New 68' vertical with 34 radials (more coming)
160/80 Receive antennae - K9AY Loop System; AA7JV inspired DHDL

40 - M-Squared 40M3L three element yagi up 71'

20 thru 10 - 3 element SteppIR at 78'; Bencher Skyhawk at 45' fixed east; 5 el
15m yagi at 61' fixed JA

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club