[3830] CQWW CW GU4CHY SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rallisette@me.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW GU4CHY SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 03:50:43 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: GU4CHY
Operator(s): GU4CHY
Station: GU4CHY

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Guernsey
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  740    25       81
------------------------------

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Tried 10m SB for the first time since 1980. Not a good move! Band was dire on
Saturday with even the big USA multi-multi stations inaudible.Heard little from
the north and did not hear a Scandinavian station all week-end - even wearing my
lucky contesting shirt did not help!
Strange echoes from most DL stations which made copy very difficult so
apologies to those DLs who thought they were working someone with cloth ears.
Sunday was better with the USA giving me a decent run in the last few hours but
it was too little too late. Nicest moment was leaving my run frequency to attend
to a call of nature and finding 9J3A there when I got back. One call and a
double mult!Didn't feel like arguing about the freq. after that.
Hope 2013 is better.

Rig: FT1000MP Mk V
Amp: Acom 1000
Ant: SteppIr SmallIR vertical