[3830] CQWW CW LX7I(@LX2A) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lx2a@gmx.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LX7I(@LX2A) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13:55:31 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LX7I
Operator(s): DL1QQ DK6WL HB9CVQ DF3VM PA4N DL5SE LX2A
Station: LX2A

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 47

  160:  416    16       66
   80: 1436    30      116
   40: 1390    39      136
   20: 1425    39      139
   15: 1280    39      145
   10:  878    36      143
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

This was again a great experience.
Only a few weeks before the contest a lot of OPs had to cancel their
participation and I had to search for a new team. Only 2 OPs had already worked
together and most of the team never worked from LX7I and did not know each
other.

We managed to get everything running just in time one hour before the contest.

The antenna setup is not yet ready but a lot of antennas are already up.

A missing rotatable antenna on 20M a broken rotator on the 40M beam and also
the missing vertical for 160M made us lost a lot of time and multipliers.
The team played well when you imagine that they never worked together in a
contest. We had a lot of fun and were able to test the new fixed beams to north
america. (they work great)

10 new beams were installed this year at LX7I, all these antennas are homemade
and are designs of YU7EF. Thank you Popa for your great antenna designs.

Antenna setup:

10M: USA high Stack of 6/6/6el YU7EF homemade
     JA  Stack of 5/5/5 YU7EF homemade
     South 6el YU7EF homemade
     (a new 8el rotatable antenna is planned for 2013)

15M: USA  Stack of 6/6el YU7EF homemade
     JA  6el YU7EF homemade
     South 3el (will be replace by a 4el rotatable antenna 2013)

20M: USA  Stack of 5/5el YU7EF homemade
     JA  5el (will be replace by a new 5el homemade rotatable antenna 2013)
     South 3el(will be replace by a 4el rotatable antenna 2013)

40M: 4el OB4-40 with a broken rotator and always pointing in the wrong irection

      2el
      Dipol
      (a new 3el fullsize rotatable antenna is planned for 2013)

80M:  4-Square homemade
      Dipol
     (a new 2el rotatable antenna is planned for 2013)

160M : Dipol (not good for DX)
       (a new toploaded vertical antenna is planned for 2013)

2 times 2-wire Beverages for reciving

We were using K3 as TRX and 2 automatic OM-Power amplifiers and High Power
filters from 4O3A.
The setup worked great but the planned rotatable antennas were missing. We lost
some time repairing the 4-Square for 80M and a broken stackmatch.

I met a lot of interesting new operators and I know that I am on the right way
to put up a competitif contest station.

4 more antennas are planned for next year, they will be tested next year in the
CQWWs contests.

thanks for all QSOs and cu in the next contests,

73s de Philippe LX2A / LX7I