[3830] CQWW CW K0EU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rkmassoc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0EU SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 14:31:27 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 44.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   29     8       12
   80:  114    23       54
   40:  734    32       94
   20:  477    29       89
   15:  921    33      104
   10:  258    25       71
------------------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Not as good as last years score, but I pushed about as hard as I could. An
unwelcome source of line noise showed up on Sunday to the northwest, making it
tough to pull in the weaker JA's and UA0's on the high bands. My apologies to
all the stations I struggled with. Think I managed to damage the front end on
one of the K-3's again, due to choosing a wrong antenna combination.  It
appears that when you transmit 1500W into a 15M monobander that is only 10 feet
below a 10M monobander, a significant amount of RF makes it into the 10M
monobander.  Imagine that!

Went through a short period of some kind of sleep deprived dementia while
trying to work Europe on 10M Sunday morning. Really strange. Didn't know where
I was, and didn't recognize my own station setup. Hard to explain in words, but
glad it didn't last long! Hope I didn't imagine having TF3DX/M call me for a
double mult.

Amen to the comments on the non identifiers. You know who you are (but we still
don't). Why not change your "thank you" message from "TU" to "(your call at
40-50 WPM)". That would sure help the dwindling number of unassisted ops such
as myself to not waste so much time. The spoon fed boys might even enjoy
knowing they are working the same station that they clicked on their screen.

I almost bagged this one, based on the dire predictions of what havoc the CME's
would bring.  Sure glad I didn't.

73
Randy K0EU