[3830] CQWW CW F6HLC SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW F6HLC SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 14:34:25 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: F6HLC
Operator(s): F6HLC
Station: F6HLC

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Villeneuve en Mgne
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:   14     3       12
   80:   60     8       32
   40:   55    10       29
   20:   80    18       51
   15:  185    30       89
   10:  129    27       71
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

After 10 years of storage my good old KT34XA was back on the air. I finished
refurbishing and mounting saturday at 10am. Then I finished the tuning of the
80 and 40m dipoles in cw band late afternoon.
My SB220 was "SB110" as before the contest I burned two times one the two
3-500z and had only one spare. 10 years without filament and HV is not good.
PAs need to be used.
My apology for cw bugs, I was not able to fix the random pc to radio interface
problem.

My main cw activty during last years was 432MHz cw EME: Never more than 50 cw
QSOs per year.
After the contest I can say that I'm not a CW op, less a HF contest cw op.

At the end, the contest was a nice opportunity to check what is right and wrong
at the station. Coming first is the OM, I need to practice.

It was a real pleasure to play the game again after a long absence.

FT950 and FT990
Half SB220: from 600w on 80m down to 250w on 10m, used only for QSOs with
difficult multipliers.
KT34XA at 20m.
80m dipole at 18m (used also on 160m) and 40m dipole at 9m (special "ref cup"
set up to get shorter possible skip against dx)

vy 73 de F6HLC
Christian