[3830] CQWW CW NP4Z SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, felipe@np4z.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NP4Z SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 17:54:32 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NP4Z
Operator(s): NP4Z
Station: NP4Z

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Aguas Buenas
Operating Time (hrs): 43:30
Radios: SO2R

  160:  198    17       57
   80:  469    22       87
   40: 1166    31      106
   20:  957    35      114
   15: 1025    34      106
   10: 1228    28      107
------------------------------

Club: Los Chachos Contest Club

Comments:

Another excellent contest full of great times and lots of friends on the Air,
for me wwcw marks the start of the holiday season and we enjoy it fully.

After the crazy murphy plagued weekend of SSB, it was great to see everything
working as expected, added the networked computers,  the Athena Realtime goal
monitor (check www.pc5m.net/projects/athena )  Check Carel's PC5M fine job
there..

Felt ready for the contest on tuesday and went on to having some family time as
always, enjoyed some great food and wine at the hill top with friends on
Thanksgiving day.. This year  wanted to try Assisted since i wanted to take
time to test all the new features of the station on a more relaxed way..Contest
started and something wasnt right ... yes there was no 20 meters.. I feared that
the rates would suffer but some how managed to stay in track with some fine low
bands numbers, plus the addition of additional antennas on 80/160 would prove
that indeed 20 could be replaced by the low bands numbers. At the end
complications and not ideal conditions kept me well bwlow goal..

Felt pretty tired at 0600 the first night, which wasnt normal. turned out that
he weekend was a real challenge to stay awake. far too many times found myself
struggling to get Qsos on the log ( if I was acting stupid on the radio you
know why). Early monday saturday, my son developed a bad rash and some nasty
stomach virus that made necessary to take him to the hospital, from there on it
was pretty hard so stay in focus.

This is certainly my last attempt at assisted, I dont get it, sound like fun
but it not for me.. When you are using the second radio just to work spots you
miss most of the fun of the contest which is listening on the second radio, its
like running two different contests, on assisted is running and looking for
spots at the display.. I really congratulate all the good operators that can
run, tune on the second radio and pick up spots and make a killing.. I just
cant.

Ended up about 1000 Qsos below last year, and im sure it was not propagation,
it was just me.. I still dont know how can people work over 675 countries
assisted, they are just completely out of my league.. Im still amazed at the
single unassisted that can make over 550 counties.. they are really talented..
I busted myself in working assisted and still couldnt manage to get over 577
countries and moved a lot of stations and It took a full effort in getting
those... Thanks to all that moved..

Now looking forward.. I think that real time scoring  should be adopted by all
those that are looking at stepping it a notch, sounds like fun..Ill join in
next year.. THe new categories have sparked more competition between little
pistols and bigger guns alike.. this is the future of contesting,creating more
room for the small stations and part time ops that can be challenged by clearly
an activity that is enjoyed and has room for all types.
 I think that Randy will bring huge dynamics to the sport.. The mere fact that
he tried assisted already tells us that we wants to be in everyone elses
shoes.. We should be ready for the challenges that he would surely implement in
the next years.. Good luck OM!!!

Now that the logs and quickly available and the results will surely come out
many months before, what do we do the rest of the time?

I just cant believe we need to wait a full year..

Cu ltr!...

Felipe
NP4Z

Setup: