[3830] CQWW CW T6LG(LZ1CNN) SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW T6LG(LZ1CNN) SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 09:38:40 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: T6LG
Operator(s): LZ1CNN
Station: T6LG

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Kandahar, MM21WL
Operating Time (hrs): 43

  160:   22     5       12
   80:  203    13       41
   40:  635    27       85
   20:  663    28       81
   15:  787    32       98
   10:  700    24       78
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

I did not feel like I will make a serious score having in mind the extremely
high local noise here and my modest equipment. I overslept and lost the first
about 40 minutes, the rate wasnâ??t good at the beginning. My strategy was to
find as many multipliers as I can the first day and to run the second 24 hours.
Actually, I believe it was not correct from my current location. I made maybe
more mults within the second day. Lost much time trying to pull the stations up
from the noise on 160m. The noise on my 160m Inverted V antenna is plus 30 db
over S9. Still waiting for the RX antenna switch box, and I used the 6 el. 6m
band monobander yagi as an RX antenna, switching it manually by ACOM 2000S
Automatic antenna selector. Finally I made 22 difficult QSOs on 160m.
Pretty cool to hear and work JA1HGY on 160m and KH7X on 80m, maybe the two most
surprising QSOs in this contest for me. Worked hard to get Eric, T6MO at least
on 40m, but no joyâ?¦ He is about 100 km away from my location and most of the
time we skipped each other.
A continued huge piles from Europe and Russia on the high bands, I enjoyed it,
despite sometimes they cumbered me to get some DX or multiplier.
43 hours on the radio, more than 24 hours without getting up, 3 and a half
hours sleeping time, 1 and a half hour for eating, and toilet and short
briefings in the office. One is clearly, nor Eric, T6MO neither me had chance
to be replaced. My colleagues already thing I am totally crazy!
Well, as always I am content with this contest and I have never expected such
result with this equipment in this so noisy environment.
Thanks to all of you for calling me!

CU in ARRL 10m contest.

Ilian, T6LG (LZ1CNN, YI9LZ)
www.t6lg.com

Equipment:
YAESU FT-897 â?" 100w
ACOM2000S - Automatic antenna selector
160m â?" Inverted Vee 16m high
80m â?" Inverted Vee 12m high
40m â?" Simple dipole 12m high
20m, 15m, 10m â?" SPIDERBEAM tribander (manually rotated)