[3830] CQWW CW EA5RS M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ea5rs@ono.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW EA5RS M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:31:55 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: EA5RS
Operator(s): EA5BY EA5FID EA5GTQ EA5RS
Station: EA5RS

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Punta Prima IM97PW
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   73    17       71
   80:  486    29      113
   40: 1975    38      130
   20: 1344    39      143
   15: 1126    39      151
   10: 1339    37      150
------------------------------

Club: Lynx DX Group

Comments:

We found conditions poorer than last year, even though we saw a slight increase
in our final score.
It is very interesting to hear how different propagation was compared to not so
distant locations.

10 mtrs was great with a very productive opening to the US on Saturday. By the
end of the contest (23Z Sunday)we could hear zones 25, 26 and 27 on the long
path. Unfortunately no new multipliers were found.

Contrary to most comments on the reflector, low bands and specially 160, were
very poor here, particularly on Sunday. Some of these different observations
might well be explained considered our limited antenna setup:

One single tower (a real challenge for a M/S) in a residential location holding
these antennas:

160: Shunt fed tower (the tower itself holding the rest of the antennas),
     36m tall with few radials
 80: Inverted vee @20m
 40: 2 element shortened Yagi @24m

10-15-20:

OB-11-3   @27 m
A3S       @21 m
5 ele 15m fixed on USA @17m
A3S       fixed NE @ 14m

K9AY loop receiving antenna (Beverage on the ground did not perform as expected
and was seldom used)

Looking forward to CQWW 2013

Thank you to all who called us.

73 Juan EA5RS