[3830] ARRL 160 N8XX Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N8XX Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 19:16:50 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 152  Sections = 37  Countries = 0  Total Score = 11,248

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Had a nice "go of it" first day, but slim pickins on Sunday evening.  Had worked
most of the stations who could hear me, and got tired of folks "Calling CQ in my
face" as one fellow said who recently got a QRP rig but had been used to running
a fll gallon.

Goal was to work 200 Q's, but that would probably have taken another 5 hours at
the rate I was finding new stations, so I figured valor is the better part of
discretion and I quit.

The band was very quiet from a QRN standpoint,which is suprising.  Antenna is a
low 80 meter inverted vee with extra wire attached to the ends for a capacity
hat,so didn't expect much DX, and didn't get any DX.  Heard a ZF2 and a C6, but
they couldn't hear me and/or were typically swamped with pileups.

Thansk to all who pulled me through the mud!