[3830] ARRL 160 W7RH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W7RH Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 07:25:57 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W7RH
Operator(s): W7RH
Station: W7RH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 127  Sections = 57  Countries = 5  Total Score = 16,678

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

The new shack is fantastic being warm and comfy at the remote site. However,
that does not make up for not taking care of the antenna system for the last
year. This resulted in a part time effort and a normal sleep pattern for a
change this year.

The first night was total bust. Computer problems, and remnants of antenna
issues from last Summer's Thunderstorms wiped my efforts prime time.
Propagation was spotty at times, with large voids of signals at times.

The second night suffered from lack of operator drive. Too much to make up and
not enough energy to try. As a side note I spent two hours trying to work the
only consistent EU station TM6M, who was good copy for hours. Parked at 1832.4
he had at his peak a S-9 signal but all I could manage was occasional QRZ W or
W7...:( Guess the 100W to 7db end-fire pointed his way was not enough as he
worked East coast easily and then progressively more difficult to the West. I
only heard N7DD and a lonely W6 call work him and that was it in that time
period. Those lucky guys to the west were all southern stations.

Bugs and antenna issues solved I look forward to Stew Perry and CQ-160 contests
and hopefully for us low band addicts the decline of cycle 24 in 2013.

73,

Bob, W7RH