[3830] ARRL 160 KG7H Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KG7H Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 12:02:22 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KG7H
Operator(s): KG7H
Station: KG7H

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IDAHO
Operating Time (hrs): 23

Total:  QSOs = 875  Sections = 79  Countries = 10  Total Score = 170,168

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Worked all sections except NNY, PR, NT and NL. Many JAs helped the score - and
other DX included BV, PY, CE, C6, FM, Z0 and PJ2. I heard the E7 but no luck. I
got an email form a DU that I was easily heard there - the noise floor here was
too high for me. No packet used this year. I would have heard more of you if it
were 20 degrees colder - that seems to lower the noise floor some. I also
suspect I need to do some more improvements on my beverages (7 total) as all
signals (even JA) seemed to peak on my SE bev. Suspect a problem there.

I am constructing a second Xmit antenna - a dipole up 400 feet in center - one
end at 300 ft height and the other at 500 ft height - hung from a rope between
the top of my 150 ft vertical (insulated section centered at 15 ft up) and the
800 ft cliff that blocks my view of Europe. I guess it is a "semi valley span"
antenna like the governement uses on LF ! I chain sawed some trees on Friday
but couldn't quite winch it up in the clear in time for this contest. Hoping to
have it ready for the Stew Perry end of this month.

Thanks to all for participating and making the contest so much fun - 73 de
Craig  KG7H