[3830] ARRL 160 VE3CV Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjw5257@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VE3CV Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 15:28:45 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 12

Total:  QSOs = 240  Sections = 52  Countries = 3  Total Score = 24,633

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Got over my frustration of last year's poor conditions and decided to go QRP
again this year.  What a blast!  Was doing well just S&P until the food
poisoning kicked in at 0400 Sunday...then no DXing from the can!  Contest
over!

My 5 watts could not make it over the Rockies as I was shut out of California
and only WY picked me out in W7 land. Also missed KS, ND, NM, and MS. Kudos to
VE6BBP for staying with by for over a minute to pick me out of his noise.  Also
made with C6AUM who must have a good RX antenna as other strong DX could not
pick me out.  Heard lots of strong EU stations with the Beverages but pointless
with 5 watts to reply.  And why to some stations only leave 2-3 seconds between
endless CQs! Stop and listen for the weak ones sending at 20-24 wpm.

If you get bored with no DX on 160m, go QRP and all of a sudden from ONS you
get thrills working W5 and W0 stations again.  Thanks for all the Qs.

73
Jeff  VE3CV

Yaesu FT-1000MP  250Hz filters and 5 watts into 80M doublet at 50ft apex.
N1MM