[3830] ARRL 160 K0TT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tt@frontiernet.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K0TT Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 18:26:26 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K0TT
Operator(s): K0TT
Station: K0TT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

Total:  QSOs = 717  Sections = 78  Countries = 7  Total Score = 123,675

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Ran non-assisted with the old, somewhat untrustworthy IC-765 and the
surprisingly well performing 65' T-vertical suspended between two of the 80m
4-square towers. Local power company fixed damage from a recent lightning
strike in time for the contest. A bad lightning arrestor and damaged insulators
were generating S9+10db noise prior to the fix.

Condx fairly good this weekend. Band open coast to coast most of the time.
Carribean stations weak but solid. PAC and AK weak but workable. Heard a few EU
but could work them. Didn't try too hard since I'm running low power.

Decided to give CT and the old '486 PC a rest. Used N1MM with a WinKeyer USB
that I built the night before the contest. I was able to fiddle with the timing
of the 'TT' part of my call so most copied it correctly the first time. For CW,
I need to slow down the 'TT' portion. (On SSB, it works best to say "tango
tango" very quickly).

Some locals mentioned that there were problems with dupes, but I only had a few
duplicate calls the entire contest.