[3830] ARRL 160 KL7RA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KL7RA Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 20:02:02 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 19

Total:  QSOs = 520  Sections = 66  Countries = 8  Total Score = 101,824

Club:

Comments:

Pacific storms causing mind numbing blasts even using the east beverage which is
usually very quiet. Really not that many hours with rate and most of the time
was spent tuning button to top then back again working anyone new usually being
in the zero to six land side of the country. Many hours of 8 or 9 Q's per hour
but they all add up. No big east coast run and no nice Europe run in the
morning for me.

I could only hear JA's using the west beverage but it was very noisy. I suspect

a new tower may have screwed it up so I'm going to move the Beverage this
week. Also had a bad Beverage switch the first night causing receive to go
dead for short spurts but never long enough to stop and find the problem until

first daylight.

N8OO was bone crushing loud. Most east coast was urine weak. Really loud
JA's followed with ESP JA's. Stayed mostly around the radio for the full shot
from KL7 dark soak to W6 goes into sunlight but with lots of breaks working
on other stuff in the station. Worked everyone I heard eventually.

Station:  781  Alpha 87A  142 foot high series fed insulated base vertical
using Rohn 25 tower sections on a cliff edge with 70+ radials. Moose beaten
Beverages.

73 Rich KL7RA