[3830] ARRL 160 W2IRT M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, peter@w2irt.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W2IRT M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 21:17:27 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 1.0

Total:  QSOs = 51  Sections = 33  Countries = 6  Total Score = 3,663

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

For at least a year my K9AY receive loop had been acting up in very strange
ways. With the help of my good friends, Charlie, KG2V and fellow-FRCer Ryan,
N2RJ, we put in more than a full day of troubleshooting and repairing two nasty
wiring problems. It was declared fixed around 8:30 Saturday night....at which
time the XYL insisted I go out and be a sociable host to a houseguest.

When I finally got some radio time, after everything that had gone on, I just
wasn't in the mood to play radio, but I got on and made a few Qs in S&P mostly
though I kept the cluster up just in case. I had a great rhythm going until the
ZL9 was spotted just after 05z. I abandoned the contest instantly and spent the
next while chasing all-time New One #327/330.

Next year, guys. This is one of my absolute favourite contests most years but I
just wasn't into it. Maybe it starting in November had something to do with it.