[3830] ARRL 10 KC4HW SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc4hw@centurytel.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KC4HW SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 16:39:06 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KC4HW
Operator(s): KC4HW
Station: KC4HW

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  310    50
  SSB:  272    43
-------------------
Total:  582    93  Total Score = 165,912

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Well mostly just operated when I had time, Friday night for about 3 hours and
Saturday night for about 4 hours and today for about 5 hours.

Propagation Friday was pretty good to the Northeast.  Saturday was sort of
crummy.  By far today was the best propagation with an opening to JA with
strong signals for the most part.

Thanks to everyone that tolerated my poor CW skill.  For the most part everyone
slowed down for my speed--thank you very much.  There were several calls that
threw me for a loop, but to your credit you hung in there and I was able to get
your call--I appreciate it.  I think only one CW contact abandoned the Q with me
because of my poor copy. I probably missed several in the pileup from time to
time, but that is going to happen.

Actually had a real good run of PH at the last hour (which include Dinner-hi)
as well as good runs on Friday night on PH.  My multiplier count is down,
because I really never did tune the band--I should have, but it was more fun to
run a frequency. Thanks to all the PH QSOs!

I had never tried to move stations from CW to Ph or Ph to CW before, but I gave
it a try with N4PN who ask me to move and K1YYL in SC whom I ask to move. I
struggle to get the radio on the PH frequency but finally landed there and Paul
was still waiting--Thanks!  I also struggled getting there for K1YYL but final
got everything worked out and he was still there--Thanks!  I guess that I now
have a much better understand of the necessity to setup the second VFO before I
ask some to move... hi

Used N1MM and it worked perfectly.  There are a couple of things that is
different from the logger that I have been using.  I definitely need to look
into the capabilities of the SO2V, I am sure that it would have produced some
more Qs/Mults.

Here is the station rundown:

Rig: FT2000D
Amp: Tentec Centurion
Antennas: Cushcraft 10-4CD over a Homebrew 4L like the CC at 78' and 39' with
an Array Solutions stackmatch

OK, thanks again for all the QSOs and hope to catch you the next time around.

cul

Jim/KC4HW