[3830] ARRL 10 K7BG SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K7BG SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 16:58:58 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 26

   CW:  715    96
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  715    96  Total Score = 274,560

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

Was looking forward to the contest even though the forecast didnt look good for
condx. Well, the first night I went to bed with a dozen contacts. Thats the
worst first night I think Ive ever had. Got up early hoping for better things
and the band finally opened for some rate to the east coast around 1700utc.
Best hour was from 1800 to 1900 on Saturday where I put 152 in the log. Thats
20 percent of my Qs in one hour. The other 563 contacts were spread over the
other 25 hours. But, I still like this contest cuz you never know what is gonna
happen.

Most exciting Q was finding A45XR Sunday morning. I think I worked him long
path, but the antennas were pointing all different directions so not sure. He
had some flutter on his signal, but that was an exciting Q.

Also enjoyed swinging one of the antennas north Sunday around 2100utc and sure
enough, worked a few SMs and an OH. A total of 4 europe for the whole contest.

Didnt work any JA the first or second night, but got close to 20 in the log
toward the end.

Also fun working AH0BT right near the end for the last mult.

Missed 5 states for some reason: KY, MS, AR, KS, MO ... there was a hole in
there somewhere and I didnt hear any on scatter.

Great prop to New England and Florida as is most always the case.

Thanks to all for the Qs and MX and HNY!

Congrats to WJ9B in ID for a great job from near these parts. 3

73,
Matt--K7BG