[3830] ARRL 10 W3EP SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3ep@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W3EP SO SSB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 18:13:49 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W3EP
Operator(s): W3EP
Station: W3EP

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 22

   CW:
  SSB: 1086    95
-------------------
Total: 1086    95  Total Score = 206,340

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

All SSB:

Upside: Contest opened and closed with widespread Es; Es or transcontinental F2
evident for most of the contest! Activity from Mexico best ever: worked 13
Mexican states.

Downside: Only a few Europeans heard on SSB; Caribbean activity seemed
low--many normally easy-to-work multipliers not heard.

Surprises: Getting called by F, CT, and EA after 1730 UTC while running W6 and
W7 stations. Hearing BD7IS long path Sunday morning, but he did not hear me and
did not seem to be making any QSOs while I heard/called him.  Looked for my
friend VR2XMT, usually reliable when long path is in, but could not find him
and could not spend the time hunting.

A good deal of fun and expect some big QSO totals but suppressed multipliers.

Emil W3EP