[3830] ARRL 10 WR9D(KB9UWU) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WR9D(KB9UWU) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 18:56:04 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WR9D
Operator(s): KB9UWU
Station: WR9D

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   CW:  554    88
  SSB:  554    79
-------------------
Total: 1108   167  Total Score = 555,108

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

What a let down!  I put up at 5el mono on my tower trailer just for this
contest... and the condx were awful!  After I accepted the fact that condx
sucked and we were all in this together, I had a blast!  There's nothing more
exciting than coming across some cool DX on a "dead band."  The e-skip to the
east coast was great both evenings.  From ME to FL and everywhere in between.
Saturday was awful, period.  Sunday had some nice openings to EU and normal F
skip to the west coast (briefly).  It was very exciting working BD7LMD long
path Saturday morning.  I was searching up and down the band beaming SE looking
for carib/SA and tuned right to him... couldn't believe how loud he was.  I
tried to find other LP stations but no joy.  Sunday morning, sure enough,
BD7LMD booming in again from the S/SE.  I then found XV1R who had a huge pileup
that I simply couldn't crack.  A trip up to SSB rewarded me with VR2XMT, who was
a solid s3-s5 on 28485 (iirc).  Around 1430z, A45XR called me on cw while I was
beaming SE.  He was quite weak with flutter, interesting.  I briefly heard SJ2W
and a OH8 station Sunday afternoon over the pole, no successful QSOs though.

Equipment: K3, AL800H, 5el @50'

73
Matt