[3830] ARRL 10 NQ2W SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NQ2W SO CW QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 15:04:10 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NQ2W
Operator(s): NQ2W
Station: NQ2W

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: Albany, NY
Operating Time (hrs): 13

   CW:  135    44
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  135    44  Total Score = 23,760

Club:

Comments:

I had a pretty good idea going into the weekend that this year wasn't going to
be like last year...

Started late due to a prior commitment Friday night local time...landed one QSO
- local. Up early Saturday morning hoping for an opening to Europe...didn't
happen...set the tone for the rest of the weekend but I didn't give up. 99%
search and pounce...mostly searching and, being QRP, the pounce is more like a
tap on the shoulder. The 1% spent calling ended up in a few runs of 1 station
each. Even up early Sunday morning but nothing from Europe...Africa, Asia,
Oceania...few from the Caribbean and South America.

Used my Ten-Tec Jupiter cranked down to 5 watts...as always...to my MA3B (MA5B
without the WARC element) at 25 feet. Anyone ever try putting another parasitic
element on that antenna to up the gain on 10? I wonder...lengthen the boom...add
a director...

In any case, thanks to everyone that heard my QRP signal and put NQ2W in the
log...some of you have amazing receivers and I appreciate the work you have
done on your stations. I wish there was a way to award more points to stations
for working us QRPers.

Looking forward to next year...hopefully, I'll be a little louder.

73,

Will
NQ2W