[3830] NCCC Sprint W1NN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint W1NN LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 19:14:20 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint - Dec 21

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   7      6
   80:  13     10
   40:  13      8
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  33     24  Total Score = 792

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Got off to a pretty good start for a change on 40 but things petered out toward
the end.  Seems like I spent all my time changing bands or tuning to fulfill
the 5 khz rule.  I personally don't think we need to change to 5 & 1.  In the
real Sprints, the action extends for 40-50 khz so you will always find someone
after a 5 khz QSY, but in our case there is not that much action.  I spent
quite a bit of time CQing out in left field with no answers.  Besides, I like
the challenge of trying to complete QSOs when everyone is on top of each other.
 Good training.  And less impact on other hams.  There were stations passing
traffic on 3845 so I wanted to avoid that.  I suppose 5 & 1 promotes quick band
changing, but I don't know if this is necessarily good or not.  One way or the
other, it's fun.

Season's Greetings to everyone!

73, Hal W1NN remote in Tokyo