[3830] RAC Winter K8MU SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mu599mi@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter K8MU SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 16:34:34 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: K8MU
Operator(s): K8MU
Station: K8MU

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 7:55

  160:
   80:    2              1
   40:   32      2       6         1
   20:   27     17       5         6
   15:    8      7       4         3
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:   69     26      16        10  Total Score = 16,328

Club:

Comments:

This was again a part time effort. Compared to last year, Qs were down about
16%, but the total score was down about 45%, so that's somewhat of a
disappointment.

This was the first contest for the installation of N1MM into a new (old)
computer. Everything seemed to work reasonably well except that N1MM had to be
restarted once when it stopped responding. It seemed to be waiting for the
WinKeyer, so I think it was really a WinKeyer issue. More adjustments will
inevitably be necessary.

The antenna is still an Outbacker clamped to the chain link fence, and that
means that band changes require a trip outside to move the "wander lead" on the
antenna. This year that meant going out into a light snow.

Perhaps the best part of the weekend was that the K3, which for the last month
or so had its automatic tuner usually tuning to a higher SWR than when in
bypass, seemed to snap out if it and work like a champ. I still don't have a
clue why it was acting that way and don't know what I have to do if it starts
misbehaving in the future.

Thanks to our neighbors to the south (the nearest part of Canada is south of
this part of Michigan) for putting on this always enjoyable contest.

Larry K8MU