[3830] RAC Winter WB0TEV M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter WB0TEV M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 20:59:06 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: WB0TEV
Operator(s): WB0TEV
Station: WB0TEV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

  160:    2      2       2         2
   80:   12     11       5         4
   40:   15     90       5         9
   20:   15    161       9        13
   15:   14    154       9        11
   10:    9     20       7         6
    6:
    2:
Total:   67    483      37        45  Total Score = 328,820

Club:

Comments:

Used internet spots, hence the Multi-One category.

Had a great time.  More than doubled my score from last year.  Really enjoy the
RAC contests from down here in Texas.  Worked all 13 provinces/territories on 20
SSB.  Highlights included being called by VE8NSD during one of my 15m runs only
to have VE8GER call in 2 minutes later.  Almost fell out of my chair when
during a 20m run I was called by VY0HL for my first and only NU QSO.
20m and 15m were of course the main producers.  80m totals would have been
higher except by 80m inverted V died and only had time an gumption to rig up a
replacement sloper with a feedpoint only about 30 feet up.

Rig: FT-767 with Dentron MLA-2500 amp
Antennas: Mosley PRO-67B (for 40/20/15/10) at 63 ft, 40m vertical w/24 radials,
80m sloper, shunt fed tower for 160, no 160 RX antenna :-(

CU in the Canada Day test July 1.

Victor - WB0TEV
Greenville, Texas