[3830] TBDC YU/S56A Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC YU/S56A Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 02:50:54 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: YU/S56A
Operator(s): S56A
Station: S56A

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KN03PX
Operating Time (hrs): 5:30

Total:  QSOs = 93  Total Score = 304

Club:

Comments:

W8JI writes on Topband reflector: The use of coax cannot change the electrical
length of the antenna mode by way of the cable velocity factor.  I read G3TXQ
measurements of coaxial dipoles and wrote EZNEC model with transmission line.
It shows good SWR with wires shorted by 2/3 velocity factor.  So I used 27 m of
RG-58 shorted at the far end and fed by central conductor only.  Grounding was
provided by second floor balcony fence at 10 m level while the end was at 4th
floor 15 m height.  Lot of manmade noise pick-up from two big lights
underneath.  SWR was 1:1 at 1,9 MHz and this simple antenna operated down to
1825 kHz with inbuilt TS-480 tuner.  I intend to use it in a month time as
portable Z6 with my 10 m fiberglass mast on quiter tophill location!

I worked all the signals that were above the noise level reduced by TS-480
efficient NR2 remembering my first USA QSO with Stew, W1BB as YU1PCF in 1972!

73 & HNY de Mario, YU/S56A, N1YU