[3830] TBDC KC0W Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KC0W Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 05:39:11 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KC0W
Operator(s): KC0W
Station: KC0W

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ND
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 163  Total Score = 1

Club:

Comments:

'

The Alpha 8410 pooped out early Sunday morning, (local time) not sure what the
problem with it is. Chances are it will be on it's way back to Colorado for
repair though. HIGHLY disappointing.

 Great to work so many good op's!!! Sorry for the weak ones that I just
couldn't pull out. Stew perry is A LOT more laid back than it's ARRL or CQ
counterparts. Really didn't have any QRM issues from other stations firing up
their 1500W at 1 Kc away, hihi. The K3 is good but sometimes just not THAT
good.

 Lost my 160 meter 140' phased tower array early last month in an ice storm
from hell. This was 1/2 of my future 4 square for 160 I had been so feverishly
working on. Antenna in SP was an inverted L along with the former phased
array's 3+ mile radial system. Seemed to work OK. It HIGHLY favors the West
Coast for some reason or another. Was working the W6's at 3 PM local time on
Saturday. Worked a TON of JA's in the ARRL 160 test but didn't work a single
one in SP.

 Nice to hear so many familiar calls from other Top Band enthusiasts. Will look
for you all again in the CQ 160 'test in January. Hope to work other digi guys
next weekend in the ARRL RTTY Roundup. Will be using the mighty Alpha 77SX in
that 'test, you can guarantee it.. Contests where individual states are
multipliers are my specialty...........VERY few other serious operators here in
North Dakota which makes things really, really fun.

Check out my QRZ.com info regarding the latest propaganda about my big stations
construction. Once completed it will be open for other amateurs to use 100% free
of charge including accommodations & meals. Kinda my way of giving something
back to this wonderful hobby.

As always, the KC0W contesting disclaimer:

 **** I contest for the FUN of it from here in North Dakota & not to
collect any awards, plaques or "wallpaper". I use my general logging program
track the total number of QSO's made & leave it at that. This is why I have no
information regarding my total number of mults or a final score. ****

Tom KC0W

'