[3830] RAC Winter VE6RAC(@VE6JY) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve6jy@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE6RAC(@VE6JY) M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 16:16:48 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE6RAC
Operator(s): DAVYN, BRYSEN, VA6DX, VA6MA, VA6MIS, VA6TA, VE6BF, VE6IM, VE6JY,
VE6OH, VE6TCK, VE6TR, VE6WQ,
Station: VE6JY

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Lamont, Alberta
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   135     96      7         6
   80:   302    352      9        12
   40:   441    531      9        12
   20:   538    631     10        12
   15:   460    557     10        11
   10:   155    387      8         8
    6:     3      5      1         1
    2:     1     15      1         1
Total:  2036   2574     55        63  Total Score = 2,618,184

Club:

Comments:

Our biggest effort to date with 10 stations and barely enough ops to fill them.
This later running of the contest made it especially hard to find al the ops we
wanted.  Almost half of the QSO's were CW, tnx to the talents of VE6WQ, VE6BF
and VE6TA.

Some new (and returning after a few years away) faces in the crowd this year:
Grant VE6TA helped us get thru the very short staffed first hours until midnite
and his CW talents from the moonbounce bands sure helped out.  Mike VA6MIS came
down to see what it was all about on Saturday and somehow managed to find
himself on 15m with a pileup so the N1MM et al learning curve passed quickly!
He put in lots of chair time and sure helped ease the op load.  Heinz VE6IM -
welcome back and very glad your soon to be a grampa status held off long enough
for you to play in the contest. That sure helped us out.  And great to have
VA6DX and sons Davyn and Brysen (11 and 9 years old) came out on the Saturday
where the boys swelled our 6 and 2m numbers to heights we've not seen for many
years while their dad got some good runs on HF.  And of course, the usual other
guys that show up every year and make it possible for me to realize my goal of
having an op on every band and mode that's open.

Overall, score down a bit from our best ever year in 2011 due to less on the
high bands - part of that was the bands and partly us as we only had 2 cw ops
to man the 3 daytime stations. Not complaining too loudly, as it could have
been lots worse but 10 closed fairly quickly once midday passed.  And in
general less mults. No VY0 anywhere in our log but a good collection of VY1 and
VE8s to increase the count.

Logs will be sent off to RAC (as per QRZ.com) shortly as they handle the QSL
chores via LOTW etc.

Thanks to all for the qso's and Happy New Year.

73 Don
VE6JY