[3830] TBDC N7GP(N5IA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5ia@zia-connection.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N7GP(N5IA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 19:22:07 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N7GP
Operator(s): N5IA
Station: N5IA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AZ-DM52
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Total:  QSOs = 116  Total Score = 504

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

This is my entry to double my fun in the SPDC.  This is my ALL DAYLIGHT entry.
All contacts were made while the sun was above the horizon at my location.

At the opening bell the sun had already been up in the southeastern sky for
about 40 minutes.  I logged 31 contacts in 71 minutes of operation; nothing
spectacular.

I started again in the afternoon at 3:20 local time, a bit less than 2 hours
before sunset.  I logged 55 contacts in 95 minutes.  The band was sounding good
and I must congratulate the stations back east for listening west at this time
of day.  I only CQed for the 95 minutes which means the following stations,
among the 55 total, heard my signal and called me.

WB9Z, Jerry, in EN60 called in at 22:49Z, a full hour and 20 minutes before
sundown and broke the barrier to east of the Mississippi.

K1DQV in FM19 was logged at 22:52.

W1UJ in FN42 was logged at 23:03.

W1FV in FN42 was logged at 23:18.

W1WBB in FN41 was logged at 23:30.

WA1Z in FN42 was logged at 23:44.

W1CRP in FN33 was logged at 23:52.

I especially want to thank the ops at these stations for paying attention to
signals from the setting sun direction, and for their great stations to make
the haul at that time of day.

I switched to the core QRP operation as N5IA at 0000 hours and operated the 14
hours until 1400 Z.

The sun was just above the horizon when I started HP operation again as N7GP
for the last 50 minutes of the contest.  Three JAs and three KH6s were logged,
with KH7X contacted at 1444 Z.  Again nothing spectacular, but a total of 30
more Qs in the log bringing the daylight log total to 116.

I would encourage more operators to take advantage of the opportunity to add
more contacts and excitement to an already fabulous TopBand contest.  Use a
club call as the callsign for the 2nd operation, which is what I do.  Borrow a
call from a friend who is not operating.

Thanks to everyone for the contacts.  CU next in the CQ 150 CW at the end of
January, 2013.  HAPPY NEW YEAR for everyone.

de Milt, N5IA