[3830] TBDC NE9U Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ne9u@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC NE9U Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 20:54:30 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: NE9U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: wisconsin
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 248  Total Score = 865

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Had wanted to put in a full time effort to test out my "new" FT1000D, but things
didn't work out as planned.
Helped move my son KB9TTO from Minneapolis to Eau Claire, then had to travel 4
hours to get up to cabin where I've been doing my 160 efforts.  Thought I could
get up there by 3:00 or so but didn't make it until after 6:00 (didn't help that
I put the Jeep and the U-Haul trailer in the ditch along I94!!!!!)  First time
in 38 years of winter driving that I've ever gotten stuck.  Guess the heavy
trailer didn't help matters.
Finally got on around 7:30 and stayed on until after Europe sunrise.  Then
since I'd been up since 4:30 am, decided to pull the plug as I was falling
asleep at the key!
Bands seemed pretty good and had my best success ever with working DX on low
power.  Seems everything I could hear could hear me for a change!
The "new" FT1000D seems like a winner.