[3830] TBDC N9RV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9rvee@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N9RV Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:05:20 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Montana
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 505  Total Score = 2,676

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

First hour of the contest was best to Asia.  The end of the contest was
disappointing in that direction, although it was great to work N2NL/KH2.

I thought Saturday night (local time) here was great.  The band opened right
away to the east with very good signals.  Several EU were audible and a few
even heard me.  Most EU were copied here when they fired up CQ-ing on my run
frequency.  Since it wasn't too hard to find another run frequency, I usually
moved, but after it happened 3 times I stayed.  (Of course the EU that was
running couldn't hear me call them).  It was mostly OK, and the strength of the
signal underneath me was a good indicator of propagation.

Lost some motivation when the activity petered out.  I thought I'd take a nap
and work a bunch of JA's when I awoke, but the band was noisier here and there
were very few to be found.  Only worked 18 here during the entire contest, with
most of those coming in the first hour.

Thanks for all the Q's.