[3830] RTTY Roundup K6OK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jvarn359@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K6OK Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 16:48:02 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K6OK
Operator(s): K6OK
Station: K6OK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CM98
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
   80:
   40:
   20:    2
   15:  118
   10:   23
------------
Total:  143  State/Prov = 38  Countries = 16  Total Score = 7,722

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Relaxed part-time effort, mostly 15m, 100w. Since RTTY Roundup allows all
digital modes, I decided I would split my time between RTTY and PSK31. It's
been over two years since I last used PSK and I thought it would be fun to
revisit that mode. Had more success with it on Saturday because the PODXS
PSKFest was also on-going. I don't know if it was by design or by accident, but
the RTTY Roundup and the PSKFest have the same exchange, making it very easy for
contesters from each contest to work each other. I wonder if a few PSK ops
wandered up into the RTTY band because I did see a few stations send "PSE K" at
the end of their RTTY transmissions.

Sunday morning right after sunrise I had hoped to capitalize on the good solar
flux numbers and work EU on 15 meters. I soon learned that at winter solstice
it's a brief window here in N. California. Shortly after the sun rises here the
sun sets in EU. Thanks to the RTTY and PSK ops for the Q's.