[3830] RTTY Roundup W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 17:22:24 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ma
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  381
   40:  585
   20:  676
   15:  590
   10:  120
------------
Total: 2352  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 72  Total Score = 303,408

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Congrats to at least WK6I and K4GMH on outstanding scores.  I had two goals for
this contest: 300K, and 2400 Qs.  First hour, I'm afraid, did me in.  All ready
to go, started out SO2R, and suddenly there was no audio decode on my right
channel.  I know it was there earlier, but now both decode windows showed the
same audio.  Knowing that this would preclude the use of SO2R, I had to stop
and fix it.  Since I had already made a few Qs before the problem started, I
was stuck with either eating it as operating time or making it my first break.
It took me 12 minutes to figure out I couldn't live with it, and 12 minutes to
cable up a new sound card and get back on the air, but the damage was done; the
first hour wound up as a 52 hour.

The last US multiplier called in before midnight local, so all there was after
that was to work the Qs.  The VE multipliers missed: PEI, LB, NF, NWT, YT, NU;
the only one of that group I normally expect to work was PEI.  A clean sweep is
almost impossible in this contest because of those rare Canadian mults.

Best DX was YB, 9M, 4L.  I found the same longpath opening on 20M that someone
else mentioned; unfortunately, no one was home on the other end!

As usual, thanks to everyone for the Qs, and to Greg W1KM for the use of his
great station.

Dennis W1UE