[3830] RTTY Roundup N4KG M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@AOL.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N4KG M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 22:24:22 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG +PACKET
Station: N4KG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

------------
   80:   83
   40:   31
   20:   70
   15:   55
   10:    1
------------
Total:  240  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 36  Total Score = 20,880

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Very Limited operation due to other obligations Saturday.

Was hoping to pick up some needed States on RTTY (KL7 MT on 80, GA on 20, DE KY
ME RI SC VT on 15, and any of 22 needed on 10M) but only found MT on 80M.
Apparently the guys in Alaska didn't make it to 80M and I missed WW4LL who
showed up from GA Sunday Morning while I was away from the radio.  So it goes.

I can't help but wonder why ARRL doesn't create an ARRL RTTY DX Contest to
'complete the set' for all three modes, similar to what CQ did with the World
Wide DX Contests in Sep/Oct/Nov.  I know I would prefer to see an ARRL style DX
contest in January rather than a hybrid Sweepstakes with a little DX thrown in
as an after-thought AFTER the sun has set in Europe on Saturday (i.e. RTTY
Roundup).

Tom N4KG in North Alabama