[3830] RTTY Roundup K9CT M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K9CT M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 07:21:15 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K3WA, K9CT, K9ZO, KB9NW
Station: K9CT

Class: M/S HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:  263
   40:  492
   20:  504
   15:  401
   10:   85
------------
Total: 1745  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 78  Total Score = 235,575

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

We had lots of fun! Big improvement over last year and we met our goals.

A noticeable change came from using N1MM with three decoding windows. MMTTY,
2Tone and DXP38 were active on both radios. The 2Tone is a keeper...but under
the varying condx, each had its best decoding moments. At a minimum, I would
recommend  2Tone and MMTTY.

Our radios are interlocked and the only way to score on a M/S is to get two
radios S&Ping on the same band. It is harsh to have only 6 (3) band changes per
hour. Any SO2R setup can change bands at will.

We missed VE9...knew they were on the band and even heard one S&P but never got
in the log. We got all US states plus DC in short order but the VE's must have
napped after their RAC winter event last weekend keeping us from a sweep.

Our highlight was inviting Ron, KB9NW to visit and observe how we do RTTY
contesting. He was nervous but we got him in the chair with lots of
help...three experienced contest ops looking over his shoulder! In his second
stint in the chair we had him running...and he knocked down a 97 hour..way to
go Ron!! I know we will hear him on the air in every contest after this
experience.

Murphy was also a first time visitor...probably cost us a few qsos. But we
worked around him and kept putting qsos in the log. He probably won't be
invited back.... :-)

We also used LOGTHENPOP feature of N1MM...what a hoot! Thanks to K8UT for the
videos that well explained how to do this.

Also, thanks to Roger, N4RR and Ed, W0YK for their sage advice during the past
year in preparing for this contest. Next up...WPX RTTY

Thanks for the qsos and fun

73, Craig K9CT for the team