[3830] RTTY Roundup N6DB(@W6YX) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rebar@hamilton.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N6DB(@W6YX) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 18:05:07 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N6DB
Operator(s): N6DB
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
   80:    0
   40:  199
   20:  342
   15:  347
   10:  205
------------
Total: 1093  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 47  Total Score = 114,765

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my second year operating from the Stanford University ham shack.

N6DB was a "medium gun" K3/P3-SVGA driving a KPA500 at 500W and a F12 C31XR
tribander for 10-15-20, 40m was covered by a M2 4el beam shared amongst the two
other stations.

There was a nice 15m opening to EU that allowed me to S&P on mults from 1500Z
to 1700Z Saturday.  20m opened earlier, but was in use by W6YX and ND2T, we
were both able to work some EU mults on our respective bands within the
available window.

Staggering some of our station operating times allowed N6DB to take advantage
of contacts to the east during the 0200Z hour and west on 40m in the 1200Z to
1400Z hours.  The rest of the time was spent sharing the other bands between
active stations.

Thanks for all the contacts, shared use of the Stanford Club shack and
nutritional/motivational support by the other station operators.

73 de N6DB Rebar

W6YX Stanford University equipment:
10/15/20m: F12 C31XR at 45 ft
40m: 4 el at 60 ft
Beverage receiving antennas
Elecraft K3
Elecraft P3-SVGA
Elecraft KPA-500
Writelog and MMTTY software, W3YY FSK interface