[3830] NAQP CW W8FN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@tx.rr.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W8FN Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 10:25:41 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   11    10
   80:  125    44
   40:  209    46
   20:  254    46
   15:  185    36
   10:
-------------------
Total:  784   182  Total Score = 142,688

Club: DFW Contest Group

Team: DFW Contest Group Vega

Comments:

Station: K3 (Primary), FT-1000D (Secondary)

Antennas: 3-el SteppIR @ 35' for high bands; 40m Inverted Vee @ 45'; 44' 80m
top-loaded vertical; 160m Inverted L with FCP; S9V 43' vertical with SG-230
tuner for secondary high bands.

This one was a LOT more fun than the August running. A combination of more
activity, better conditions and working antennas on all bands made life a lot
easier. I got a late start Saturday and wasn't able to do quite the full 10
hours, but managed to keep myself busy the entire time.

The most interesting thing that happened was working AC6T twice on successive
QSOs. I was running on 15 and using the 2nd radio to find new ones on 20. I was
in the process of setting up to call AC6T on 20 when he answered my CQ on 15. As
soon as we completed the QSO on 15, I heard him go back to running on 20 and
immediately worked him there. How often does this happen? SO2R can actually be
fun sometimes.

See y'all in August!

73...
Randy, W8FN