[3830] NAQP CW WI9WI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WI9WI Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 14:45:44 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Madison, WI
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:   29    23
   80:   81    34
   40:  167    40
   20:  134    41
   15:   98    33
   10:   49    12
-------------------
Total:  558   183  Total Score = 102,114

Club:

Team: ANTZ Team Omega

Comments:

One boy, one radio.
Did this one from my popgun station in Madison, didn't feel like making the 5
hr drive to the cabin Friday night. Wasn't sure I'd have an antenna for 80/40.
My off-center-fed 135 ft wire came down in the storm we had 3 weeks ago. I
managed to get it back up somewhat, but the feed point is at about 20 ft, and
one leg is lying on the roof of the house. It actually seemed to work OK
considering. Activity was excellent. Not many mults on 10......very loud left
coast stations, and 3 or 4 mults on scatter. Fifteen was long too. I apologize
for being somewhat deaf on 80 and very deaf on 160. I have very bad QRN from
mechanicals in the research park behind my house. I have to do my receiving on
a small terminated loop to hear anyone.

Gear: K-3
C-3S at 30 ft
Dipole at 20 ft for 40/80
Very short (33 ft) top loaded wire for 160.
Loop for rcv

Thanks for all the QSOs

Jim