[3830] NAQP CW K7BG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K7BG Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 15:41:03 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:  101    34
   80:  100    41
   40:  242    49
   20:  285    50
   15:  202    46
   10:  217    41
-------------------
Total: 1147   261  Total Score = 299,367

Club:

Team:

Comments:

I didnt even know if I could get to the shack QTH due to a mondo snow storm with
blowing snow the past few days. I went to the Montana Pro Rodeo Friday night to
watch my daughters brother in law in the bull riding competition and then
decided to go out and see if I could break through the drifts at the QTH. My
heart wasn't really in it, but I'm glad I went cuz this is really loads of fun.
There were some high drifts, but I busted my way through with the 4 wheel drive.
Unfortunately I didnt wade around the antenna farm in the snow drifts nor did I
do a good pre-contest check of things, because I only became aware of an 80
meter antenna problem during the contest. My SE sloper was shorted/broken
somewhere so I had to go with the NE one most of the time. This is probably the
only reason I was called by YO3APJ on 80. That was a hoot, working Adrian with
100 watts. I should also have climbed the tower and turned the side mounted 15
meter monoband from it's NE position back to the east, but 20 below wind chill
didn't make that a hard decision

I thought about trying to move mults early on, but for some reason I have not
been active at trying to do this. I decided to make myself do it in the latter
part and it proved fruitful for the most part. Thanks to all that moved!
Apologies to those that asked me to move and we couldn't complete. I just never
heard some of you as the band was dead and the scatter path wasn't there.

I have no idea what the off-time strategy should be in this contest. All I know
is that one of the saddest human experiences man has to suffer through is the
fact that time has run out and there are still so many people to work!

Apologies to CX9AU who I called on the second radio and mid QSO I somehow
bumped the VFO and couldnt find him again.

Thanks to all for the wonderful party.

2X IC-765
NA software
Various wires and hunks of aluminum