[3830] RTTY Roundup AB1J M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup AB1J M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:27:28 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Waltham, EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:    2
   40:  325
   20:  205
   15:  168
   10:   31
------------
Total:  731  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 47  Total Score = 75,293

Club:

Comments:

I no longer have an 80m antenna, so I'm not competitive anymore in this contest
where 80 is such a productive band.  As I didn't want to compete with my last
year's score (and lose), I decided to upgrade my station to Multi-Single and go
Assisted.  All with the merest click of my mouse to get on AB5K's telnet
cluster.  Didn't cost a penny.

As is turned out, my 2013 QSO count was down by almost exactly my 2012 80m
count.  Operating assisted helped but not to the extent I had hoped.  And there
were lots of bogus calls, especially involving the letters A, E and I.  I'm not
talkng busted calls, but calls apparently generated from the contest clutter
and commotion.  I spent a lot of time deleting these from the bandmap.  The
most humorous was AH5EEEEEE.  I'm not making this up.  The RTTY skimmers still
need some fine tuning.

40m was my money band.  I developed a great fondness for 40 during the sunspot
trough and it's a good thing, since I expect to spend many more years there in
the sunspot-less future.  I bought a 80/40 micro-tuner for the FT-2000, so I'm
all set for the mob.

Thanks for all the Qs.  See you in the WPX-RTTY in February.

73,
Kermit or Ken or whatever, AB1J